About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

How to start explaining my tribulations? I thought I was doing fairly well, with some ups and downs, but I never thought LibraryThing would be the one to break me.

I have been very, very frustrated because I simply haven't been able to find the ThingLang, or MarcThing or ISBN check. I have tried looking on "search" with obviously no results.

On the positive side I was able to start cataloguing some of my favorite books but the process is slow since it doesn't recognize my lists: I for sure never wrote the ISBN numbers or saved an image of the cover and therefore I have to be doing it one by one (searching by author and selecting the books I have read from them). I would like to know if is possible to select several book to be added with just one key stroke. I haven't been able to find that either.

I also like the book recommendations and the possibility to write a review for new books.

I quit writing my advance on the 23 Things because of my frustration... now I am just going to continue with the next one hoping it won't be as frustrating as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.