About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thing 6... Blog Readers

The process of using an aggregator, in this case Google Reader, certainly wasn't difficult. I was able to make a couple of folders and insert several blogs on each folder and renamed them. What I was expecting is something different: I thought I was going to see the information in the same type of format I see it while going to the direct source, for example The New York Times website. I guess I will need some time to get used to the layout.
On the other hand I keep thinking how time consuming these "Things" are. I have to admit that after the initial frustration while getting used to the "Things" I have enjoyed working with them (so far!). Whenever I have some little time to expand on the "Things" I end up spending much more time than the initially thought and that keeps me away from some other projects. Now I can see why people (youngsters) never seem to have enough time in YouTube, My Space, or while twittering or blogging.
How to use them in libraries? I guess libraries would loved to be in their patron's 'subscriptions', provided we offer up-to-date information on a regular basis (which brings me to the staff that undoubtedly would have to be assigned that duty).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.