About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 20: YouTube

Oh, my! I never thought I would be raving about the YouTube possibilities. This experience has been enlightening, I have been forced to visit YouTube and watch some videos, library related videos, and now I want my library to do something about it. I wish we could have a link in our web page directing patrons to the Library's own video at YouTube.
I have seen some great examples of attracting videos that our patrons might love to see about their own Fort Worth Library:

The video "Discover a new world at Columbus, Ohio" is a wonderful example to show Columbus, Ohio citizens know all the resources the library has to offer like Story times, ILL, High Speed Internet, quantity of books own by the library, meeting rooms, helpful staff and much more!

There was another interesting video called "Ray of Light" by the St. Joseph County Public Library version, in which you can see from before the sun arises what is going on at the library: the guard does his rounds, opens the door, staff arrives and start pulling off the books and doing all sorts of activities the people never see when they visit the library.

There is one video for the New York Library where different recognized personalities talk about their love for libraries and what a library can do to help other people in these dire times. The "Shout it Out for Your Library" video ask for public support in the voices of Bette Middler, Ellen Burstyn, Nora Ephron, Jeff Daniels, Mario Batalli, Amy Tan and her little Yorkie and many more.

There are also videos to explain the TexShare Databases 24/7 services available for Public Libraries. Even the City of Plano, Texas has one advertising their library services. Surely we at the Fort Worth Library can have one too, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.