About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing 22: Developing your own 23 Things for your library

How to adapt this program to my library?

Well, I know for sure that several of my coworkers are participating in the program but not all of them. It would be great if all the library staff could be able to take it. In some cases some staff members are pretty knowledgeable and would only need to learn some of the Things they haven't used.

Since not all the library staff have work stations with PCs and access to Internet I don't think it would be feasible to make it mandatory (Also, many of us do not have a computer at home). I know for sure that many of my colleagues would love to steal some time from their daily duties to browse at least some of the Things but, they simply have too many chores to complete (we are short staffed at the library).

I know there are also other gadgets that we should know how to use like the famous and popular iPods or MP3-players. Knowing how to use them could be handy at the library since we have audio books that can be downloaded to such devices and patrons that request help but, for example, I do not own neither an iPod or an MP3-player and I know many coworkers that can't afford to buy one neither.

Our library has been rotating a Kindle reader and that is wonderful because not everyone can afford to buy one in order to learn how to use it. Kudos for my library for thinking about it! Hopefully very soon I will have the opportunity to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.