About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing 10: Ning

I watched the video tutorial and found it very easy to navigate trough the Ning without having to open an account, for which I was very pleased, since I prefer to remain private.

I browsed for libraries around the world, vegetarian groups and communities, animal welfare groups, etc. I went, as suggested, to the video section for the ALA site but was unable to watch the video because...well, my library computer doesn't allow me to.

It was an interesting experience but I will leave it as that. I don't know that at this moment my library has the resources to devote someone to keep up with the Library's Ning site since we haven't yet a Facebook page either. Perhaps, in the future, we will be able to 'connect' with patrons through these mediums and attract a younger generation to the library's activities. Of course I can see posting tutorials on how to navigate through these sites as opposed to offering special courses for each one of them (with the shortage of staff and resources libraries can't afford much these days and have to be resourceful).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.