About Me

My photo
According to my Mom I am the cutest, little B/W Shih Tzu on Earth. I was adopted by my parents when someone else abandoned me, with a broken arm, at my parents Vet. Luckily my parents loved me "at first sight" and were ready to adopt me once the "legal time and documents" allowed them to do so.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 9: More Facebook

I went and found friends. It seems many of them have a Facebook account. I made sure to let them know I won't be contacting them a lot through Facebook since, let's face it, I simply don't have the time to check regular e-mails plus Facebook.

I also became a fan of a group called
"IDA - In defense of animals" and learnt more abhorrent (or should I just say unethical?) acts done to defenseless animals. I can't process the horrors committed to cats and dogs in the name of better taste and virility.

And finally, yes, I did join
tree groups: "Stop the Seal Killers", "Animal Welfare" and "VEDA - Volunteers in defense of animals".

Joining Facebook has been a bit traumatic for me. I am a private person and although I tried to set up my privacy configuration to the minimum I found out that no matter how much you try -- by just sending an e-mail-- Facebook somehow is able to trace the names and offer them as your possible friends. Then some of your friends write incessantly and suddenly you have tons of comments to read.
It has been an experience... one I don't know I will be able to keep up with!

I guess now I will be able to answer some questions regarding Facebook and hopefully help some of our library's patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

I just want to say "Hola" to everyone out there blogging for North Texas 23.